About Oscar Mendez, MD
BOARD CERTIFIED DOCTOR ELEVATES HEALTH CARE TO HIGHEST LEVEL
Dr. Oscar Mendez dedicates himself to making sure that patients receive the best possible medical attention. Dr. Mendez, among the known Latino Board Certified doctors in South Florida, obtained his medical degree from the Universidad Libre de Colombia.
The Oscar Mendez, M.D. PA Family Practice is staffed by experienced bilingual professionals experienced in interfacing with diverse clientele ranging from the young to the elderly.
Importantly the practice is very knowledgeable to specific needs of Hispanic family and patient healthcare using cutting-edge technology.
“This profession provides me the opportunity to be close and work with families, the elderly and the community — those who need medical care the most,” said Dr. Oscar Mendez. “It gives me the opportunity to apply the latest advance technology in the medical field for superior treatment outcomes. For me, what counts most is patient’s health and well-being.”
“We make sure correct diagnosis and treatment procedures are given patients,” explained Dr. Mendez. “We make it a priority to take time to explain these to the patient so they understand what is necessary.”
“For example, for our geriatric patients, we explain each medication to the family, making sure that we are all aware of what is important to the patient’s medical care”
Dr. Mendez Family Practice provides quality healthcare to the entire family that includes back-to-school checkups, echocardiograms, sonograms, x-rays, lab work, full woman exams. A wide variety of insurance plans are accepted including Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and most major health plans.
- 2004-2007 Family Practice Residency – USA-ACME Accredited Program int the common Wealth of Puerto Rico, Bella Vista Hospital
- 2001-2002 National School of Technology (Ultrasound Training) Miami, Florida
- 1997-1999 Health Administration Management Training, Esap University Baranquilla, Colombia
- 1995-1998 Residency and Internship at the Hospital of Cartagena, Colombia
- 1995-1994 Libre University Sectional, School of Medicine, Baranquilla, Columbi
- Family Practice Board Certified
- Emergency Medicine
- Member of the American Medical Association
- Member of the American Academy of Family Physician Licensed in the state of Florida
- U.S. – Colombian Medical Association
- ECFMG Certified
- USMLE Step I, II, III passed
- ACLS Certified
- DEA BM9497137
- United States Citizenship
- Wound Care Specialist
- Hyperbaric Wound Care Specializing in Limb Salvation
- Family Practice Residency Training, this includes extensive Emergency Medicine coverage in the last 2 years of residency, Bella Vista Hospital, ER annual volume of 48K, level II.
- “Mercy Ministry” Co-founder and consultant, Colombia Co-Founder of non-profit organization, outpatient program for abuse and addiction of drugs (Cocaine, alcohol, Marihuana, Ecstasy, ect.) San Juan Bautista Hospital, Colombia
- Emergency Medicine Staff Member and Hospitalist
- General Hospital of Baranquilla, Colombia
- Emergency Medicine Staff member and Staff for OB-GYN Dept. San Juan Bautista Hospital, Colombia
- Emergency Medicine Staff member and Staff for OB-GYN Dept.
Clinical Research Experience as Investigator
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to determine whether, in patients with type 2 diabetes at high risk for cardiovascular and renal events, Aliskiren, on top of conventional treatment, reduces cardiovascular and renal morbidity and mortality.
- A Randomized Evaluation of efficacy and safety of ferric carboxymaltose in Patients with iron deficiency Anemia and Impaired Renal function.
- A multi-center, randomized, double-blind, active-controlled clinical trial to evaluate the safety and tolerability of 24 weeks treatment with Study Drug (50 mg gd or 100 mg qd) versus sitagliptin (25 mg qd) in patients with type 2 diabetes and severe renal insufficiency.